Natasha Hazlett focuses her practice primarily on estate planning, probate and estate administration. She has extensive experience in administering and settling complex and contested decedent’s estates, handling will contests, establishing guardianships and conservatorships, and drafting estate planning documents.
Natasha is a frequent speaker on the topics of estate planning and probate. She is a member of the Idaho State Bar, the Idaho Women Lawyers and is the former Chairman of the Idaho State Bar Taxation, Probate and Trust Law Section. In 2013, she was honored with the Idaho Business Review’s Women of the Year Award and in 2015, 2017, 2018 and 2019 she was honored by Mountain States Super Lawyers magazine. Natasha has earned a 10.0 Superb Distinction by the Lawyer Review site, Avvo.com.
Prior to moving to Idaho, Natasha worked for a large law firm in Memphis, Tennessee, where she practiced in the areas of estate planning, tax, probate, and civil litigation.
Natasha graduated from Southern Methodist University with B.A. degrees in both Political Science and Advertising and was the recipient of the prestigious Nancy Ann and Ray L. Hunt Leadership Scholarship. Natasha received her J.D. from the Dedman School of Law at Southern Methodist University.
When she is not practicing law, Natasha is an inspirational speaker, author of the Amazon #1 Best Seller: Unstoppable Influence: Be You. Be Fearless. Transform Lives. She is the co-founder of Fast Forward Marketing LLC and is a business/life coach. Natasha is also a mom of three.
- “Estate Planning Basics: Client Interviews & Planning for Incapacity”
- “Probate & Inheritance in Idaho” Presentation for the Idaho Land Title Association
- “Drafting Basic Estate Planning Documents: Client Interviews & Key Elements of Effective Wills”
- “Ethical Considerations in Tax Law and Charitable Planning with Retirement Plan Assets”
- “Using Living Trusts and Powers of Attorney as Estate Planning Tools”
- “Planning Methods to Control Medical Treatment”
- “Asset Protection after the Tennessee Investment Services Act”
- “Foreclosures: How Bankruptcy Changes the Landscape”
- “Expert Testimony: Going Back to the Basics: An Analysis of Federal and State Law Governing the Admissibility of Expert Testimony”
- “Law Practice Ethics”
- Represented personal representatives administering multi-million dollar estates.
- Represented corporate trustee in litigation regarding trust modification.
- Assist family members in obtaining guardianship and conservatorships over loved ones.
- Negotiated favorable settlement between adversarial parties in a highly controversial estate matter.
- Advised national hotel management company regarding sales tax and hotel tax issues.
Author, “The Idaho Attorney’s Guide to Avoiding a McWill or McTrust”. The Advocate (August 2012)
Author, “Expert Witnesses: Judges call into question whether experts help juries or replace them,” special to the Memphis Business Journal, 2005″